Apply on Company Website
Makes decisions on complex architecture issues. Coordinates with users to determine requirements and design systems to fit their needs. Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Establishes and communicates common goals for team members. Acts as resource for less experienced staff.The position is on the Technical/Professional ladder at level 4 in the Technology Architecture discipline.
1. Plays a key role as the technical architect for projects. Responsible for detailed technical architecture and design for complex projects.
2. Functions as a technical expert for a major business line in the design, development, modification and debugging of programs, job streams, network diagrams, hardware plans and related activities. Ensures that projects follow the prescribed development life cycle and meet quality standards.
3. Acts as a technical expert addressing problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platform integration.
4. Keeps current with trends and technological innovations in the banking and IT industry, and makes appropriate development recommendations.
5. Interacts and consults with appropriate business analysts to understand application requirements and defines architectural components to meet those requirements.
6. Develops architectural plans supportive of the business objectives of the application area.
7. Documents architecture appropriately and consistently within the defined architectural process.
8. Other duties as required.
•Creates and assists in execution of detailed application / integration designs
•Works with Solution and Enterprise architects to ensure alignment with standards
•Author and maintain technical coding standards, including documentation of integration patterns as relevant to areas of active work
•Provide input and direction on tools and technologies used within software engineering process
•Mentor team members on coding best practices
•Facilitate Code Reviews
•Experience with any of the following is a plus:
oEnterprise Integration Technologies e.g.
Source Code Management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Undergraduate degree or Masters with 5 or more years of experience.
In-depth knowledge of the technology base of all Group applications.