Competition Law, Director Job Listing at VMware in Palo Alto, CA (Job ID ScrapingHub16628-64201)
Competition Law, Director
VMware seeks to add a highly talented attorney with substantial experience advising on U.S. and non-U.S. competition law matters. This position will likely be based in Palo Alto, California, although there is some flexibility. It will report to the Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Litigation and Compliance. The position will be responsible, primarily, for counseling and advising both colleagues and the company executives on matters of competition law worldwide, and may also assist with a variety of other legal matters, as needed.
* Function as the company’s competition law subject matter expert
* Provide competition law analysis and counsel, worldwide, working with colleagues in the Legal Department and executives across the company, to help support the company’s global business
* Work with others in the Litigation and Compliance group to develop and recommend changes in company policies , practices and controls to better manage the company’s competition law risks
* Work with colleagues outside the U.S. to coordinate competition law positions, policies and advice across regions
* Coordinate with and oversee outside counsel to ensure proper handling of competition law matters where counsel is retained
* Provide competition law training for colleagues and business clients on relevant issues
* Participate on the company’s Pricing Committee
* Perform other projects as assigned
* A J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
* At least 12 years of experience as a practicing attorney, including at least 5 years as, predominantly, a competition lawyer in a law firm, corporate legal department or government agency
* Experience in-house, with a software or other high-tech company, and with global businesses, are strong pluses
* The ideal candidate will have implemented an antitrust compliance program in-house including identifying control points within business processes for the appropriate antitrust mitigation measures.
* Track record of excellence, leadership and a willingness to learn, in academic qualifications and past employment
* Strong business acumen, including the ability to exercise good judgment about sensible business risks
* Demonstrated ability as a self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on teamwork, excellence, execution and, above all else, integrity
* Must be able to work independently and creatively as a problem-solver
* Excellent written and oral communication and project management skills – including strong abilities to collaborate with, train and influence a wide variety of legal and business colleagues
* Active bar membership in a jurisdiction in which VMware operates
**Why work for our Division**
Members of the legal team at VMware advise upon legal matters arising within a sophisticated and competitive business context. The work of the VMware legal team contributes to the success of the Company and the personal development of our legal team members. The legal team practices a collaborative, creative, results-oriented approach. The collegial and collaborative work environment leads to rewarding professional relationships for team members. Our legal team members also have the opportunity to work with and advise Company executives, who share a high-level of intellect, confidence and professionalism. Legal team members handle, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously. This provides excellent opportunities to learn the many aspects of the business and a great opportunity to work on a wide breadth of interesting and challenging matters with other highly motivated, top-performing professionals, at a fun, dynamic and fast paced company - VMware, Inc.
Palo Alto, CA, US
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
**Level of Job**
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Robert Half Legal - San Mateo, CA
Attorney - Contract Review (Technology)
DM Stone JobsInBrokerage.com - San Mateo, CA
Senior Corporate Paralegal
Robert Half Legal - Palo Alto, CA
Locate this job: