Consulting Architect Job Listing at VMware in Los Angeles, CA (Job ID ScrapingHub16628-63919)
Posting Title Consulting Architect
About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
Job Description As a VMware Architect, you will provide customers technical leadership in the assessment, design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware Network Virtualization products and services. This role gives the Architect the opportunity to work in most of the top Fortune 500 companies in the world.
- Lead standardized and custom services delivery for Network Virtualization projects specific to VMware NSX
- Defines and captures customer People, Process and technology requirements, analyzes to determine gaps, defines recommendations to address requirements and gaps, and defines future state diagrams and project roadmaps
- Develops architecture blueprints, design specifications, migration plans and operational best practices guidelines based on detailed requirements gathered onsite
- Oversees Sr Consultant(s) and/or directly participates in the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of VMware Network Virtualization technologies
- Gathers and distills field expertise and best practices
- Maintains current knowledge of the full range of VMware products and solutions.
- Works in the Networking & Security practice and collaborates with practice member and VMware Professional Services Engineering to refine current service offerings through on-site delivery
- Influences the development of new services offerings and delivery kits to enable VMware field consultants, and ultimately VAC partners, to deliver high quality Networking and Security Virtualization solutions based on VMware technologies
- Holds and maintains technical credibility within the virtualization services industry and the field through demonstration of thought leadership, including:
o Leading and delivering technical enablement web conferences, services delivery training events and technical labs at industry-wide events such as VMworld
o Regular participation in technical discussions (e.g. VMTN forums, consulting discussions and escalations, etc.)
o Presentation at customer and partner opportunities, training sessions and venues.
o Active and regular participation in knowledge management
- Identifies, recruits, interviews, mentors and assists with on-boarding new and current staff.
- Assist Services Sales and the Practice Management team with positioning, scoping, estimating and reviewing proposals and SOWs
- Coaches and mentors practice members
- The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Cloud Infrastructure & Networking (Data Center Design, Network Architecture, Network Design, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- At least 6 years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services Architect or engineer, preferably with an Internet or “Big 5” consulting organization
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- At least 2 years experience in a technical lead role for small-or medium-size teams
- Strong practical Windows Server or Linux systems administration skills
- VMware virtualization, networking and security products, solutions, and services.
- Network Security Tool and Networking Concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Security/Trust Zones, L2 Switching and L3 routing. VLANs, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting, routing, VPN and network design.
- Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as F5, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, Palo Alto Networks
- Network components such as:
o ASR routers, switches, firewalls, ASA, etc).
o Virtual networking components VSG, 1000V)
o BGP & OSPF protocol
o Cisco UCS storage
- CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet(ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Strong Perl programming/scripting skills required. Programming in C/C++ and Unix shell are also an advantage
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 75 percent of the time
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
Advertised Location (Select only ONE location) Los Angeles, CA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes
Requisition Number 50998BR
EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
LinkedIn Recruiter Account Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Job (LinkedIn) Mid-Senior Level
Advertised Group (Place a checkmark to select multiple groups) Prof Services
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Associate District Manager - AUS - Sylmar
Aramark - Sylmar, CA
Manager, Emergency Department-Emergency Department
White Memorial Medical Center - Los Angeles, CA
Corporate Development/M&A - Private Equity
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - El Segundo, CA
Locate this job: