Consulting Architect - MEDI (Israel) Job Listing at VMware in Herzliya (Job ID ScrapingHub16628-63409)
# About Us
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
# Why work for our Division
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
# Why work with our Group
Solutions Architects work closely with the Services Sales Executive team to drive business development for our Professional Services Organization by preparing project proposals that include business and technical requirements as well as the appropriate solutions, schedules and delivery times for successful projects. The SA regularly runs workshops with key stakeholders including customer executives, CIO, CTO, Line of Business leaders and IT Directors to provide in-depth knowledge of Software Defined Datacenter solutions within large enterprise accounts. The SA brings a strong foundation of the SDDC, together with Pre-Sales and scope management expertise, to effectively design and deploy effective, high-impact technical and business process solutions.
# Job Description
The Consulting Architect will work closely with Professional Services sales team to drive enterprise-consulting services from sales to delivery. As a Senior Architect you will drive a highly technical team of professionals who are responsible for all architectural design, development and deployment of cost effective and sustainable IT infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements. Using VMware’s Virtual Infrastructure Methodology (VIM) you will prepare project proposals which include the business requirements, technical requirements and appropriate solution stating the required level of effort and schedules for Solution design, development and testing. Projects could span from 1-week implementation engagements to complex, multi-consultant $1M+ engagements.
* Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
* Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements
* Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of the entire VMware product line
Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
* Ensure that services proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
* Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and partners)
* Drive a technical team to deliver a large transformation project
* Embody technical reference in projects that are technically complex with all lot of milestones/streams being delivered in parallel
* Identify gaps in terms of organization / processes between a current customer situation and a targeted one
* Anticipate potential impacts (technical, organizational & processes) on architectural choices and be able to present them objectively to the customers
* Anticipate and escalate on forthcoming risks on a project
* Participate in Service Delivery IP, Delivery Kit creation, document Reference Architectures, actively collaborate to best practices and share across VMware community
* From time to time the solutions architect may be called on to manage small-scale projects and/or drive the assessment phase of a project. In this role the Solutions Architect will operate as a fee-earning consultant delivering solution architecture and design services, including:
Requirements gathering and analysis
Software components’ selection
Solutionintegrationwith existing ecosystem
Specific configuration and software customizations
Solution test plan and pilot
* There will be a requirement to travel up to 50 percent of the time, including international
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
List of people they will interface with on a regular basis (usually no more than 8-10)
* may vary between roles, so not standard, e.g. EMEA Senior Managers etc
In addition to consulting and scope management expertise, the solutions architect will need in-depth knowledge surrounding data centre technologies. Using this experience and knowledge of VMware’s products, you will advise clients on issues related to the solution design and deployment including complexity trade-offs and technical and business process impact.
Strong organizational skills, technical expertise and attention to detail are key in this customer-focused role.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
* 8+ years of experience in designing and deployment of IT Infrastructure in Enterprise Environments.
* Strong communication skills and customer-support focused attitude
* Deep expertise in Cloud and Server virtualization solutions and architecting provate and/or public clouds.
* Hands on knowledge on VMware technologies including vCloud Suite/ vSphere
* Deep knowledge of automation for infrastructure provisioning will be ideal.
* Strong knowledge on best practices to implement standards, processes, and procedures
* Strong knowledge in implementing High Availability and DR solutions using VMware vCloud Director, vCenter Suite, Site Recovery Manager, Cisco OTV or equivalent technologies.
* Strong Knowledge in Capacity Planning and Maintenance (address business growth)
* Ability to work collaboratively within a team of other IT Infrastructure Architects to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well
* Strong knowledge of Networking/ Security Technologies & Cisco equipment.
* Scripting ability in Shell, PERL, Python, or other similar use language.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
* Aptitude for troubleshooting and resolving issues even in unfamiliar environments.
* Demonstrated ability as a technical solutions architect preferably from a consulting environment, having supported sales and managing technical staff and implementations
* Knowledge of infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
* Experience with Service Management frameworks, e.g., ITIL, COBIT a plus
Understanding of computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
* Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
* Understanding of modern IT production data centre and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
* A good practical understanding of Web-based application development, including cgi-bin, and Apache or IIS server platforms
* B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training or relevant industry experience preferred
*Posting Title:* Consulting Architect - MEDI (Israel)
*Advertised Location (Select only ONE location):* Herzliya, Israel
*Requisition Number:* 50503BR
*Advertised Group (Place a checkmark to select multiple groups):* Prof Services
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Services Project Manager
CA Technologies - Herzliya, Israel
Sr Services Consultant
CA Technologies - Herzliya, Israel
Locate this job: