Director, Global Technology Public Relations Job Listing at VMware in Palo Alto, CA (Job ID ScrapingHub16628-56626)
# About Us
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
# Why work for our Division
The Marketing Alliances teams play an instrumental role in helping to build VMware into a category-defining company. As part of the team, you will work to build, evangelize and deliver world-class virtualization solutions, products, and services to customers and partners.
# Why work with our Group
Corporate Marketing sets strategy and works with employees throughout the world to execute an integrated marketing plan across all marketing channels and geographies to support marketing strategy and direction for specific VMware solutions. The Corporate and Field Marketing teams work extensively with sales, product management and product marketing as well as outside agencies in order to execute integrated marketing campaigns and programs that include online, print, email, direct mail, webinars, seminars, tradeshows and executive marketing sessions.
# Job Description
Lead the technology public relations function for a market-leading global software company with 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations. Create and execute on technology narrative, traditional and social media engagement and thought leadership strategies designed to elevate VMware’s business and technology value.
Oversee the global technology public relations program and serve as a core leader of VMware’s influencer relations model. Specific responsibilities include:
* Lead high-performing in-house and agency team focused on creation and execution of a global public relations strategy that engages technology influencers to highlight VMware innovation and value to customers and partners.
* Maximize technology influencer exposure for VMware through targeted, measurable PR programs around the company’s business and technology initiatives.
* Curate and refine technology narrative across VMware product and solution categories, partnering closely with business unit, corporate and product marketing leaders.
* Oversee global product and solution launch strategy and execution with accountability to measurable objectives including alignment to business priorities and company campaigns.
* Lead/Participate in communication campaign development and execution across cross-functional comms team
* Help drive messaging for strategic initiatives, including VMware’s company positioning, M&A; activities and other key areas of focus.
* 12+ years in technology public relations / corporate communications or related experience with a high-growth publicly held company. Deep public relations experience within the IT infrastructure software industry an advantage.
* Experience driving external communications functions of a large global organization; collaborative and savvy across the integrated marketing mix and financial communications / investor relations requirements.
* Excellent manager and mentor; experience hiring and managing a marketing/communications team and/or external agencies.
* Strong media / influencer relationships; traditional media relations and social media expertise.
* Strategic, creative thinker and collaborator; able to manage and engage across multiple projects and develop positive relationships across the business.
* Ability to drive marketing and communications campaigns from concept to completion and measurement.
* Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
* BS/BA required in Marketing, Communications or equivalent.
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA, US
# EEO Statement
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
*Posting Title:* Director, Global Technology Public Relations
*Location:* Palo Alto, CA, US
*Is this a remote or multiple location position?:* No
*Requisition Number:* 44035BR
*Level of Job (LinkedIn):* Director
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
VP, Product Marketing
CA Technologies - Santa Clara, CA
Assoc Dir Product Mktg Mgmt (Big Data)
AT&T - Palo Alto, CA
Product Dev Marketing-Cloud Operations/Transactional Channel Strategy
VMware - Palo Alto, CA
Locate this job: