Software Engineer Job Listing at VMware in Sofia (Job ID ScrapingHub16628-64216)
# About Us
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
# Why work for our Division
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D; team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D; team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D; team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D; offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
# Why work with our Group
Engineers interested in computer architecture and compilers get to invent techniques for reliable and efficient virtualization of computer resources. They work on virtualizing the latest Intel and AMD CPUs, cutting-edge multi-Gigabit Ethernet networking interfaces, modern USB and DVD devices, 3D graphics devices and state-of-the-art Fibre Channel and iSCSI storage area networks (SANs).
# Job Description
* Be part of a software development team working in collaboration with management, quality assurance, user experience and technical publications teams
* Define/analyze the product requirements, write/read functional and design specifications, write/support the code
* Perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
* Adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc.
* Work with product and R&D; management to define requirements for the next version of the product
* Collaborate with colleagues to define detailed designs that meet the desired requirements
* Define estimates and plans for software delivery in conjunction with R&D; manager
* Develop high-quality code to meet the product requirements
* Interact with other product teams both within VMware and our partners, customer support organization and the release team to communicate how the product works
* Fix product defects in the upcoming version of the product
* Experience with design and implementation of complex user interfaces – custom controls, live updates, in-place editing, virtual data abstractions, MVC, performance optimizations for millions of objects, etc.
* Experience in object oriented programming (Java preferred)
* General programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
* Experience with product development or strong willingness to switch from outsourcing to product development
* Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Willingness to work without close supervision and with proactive goal-oriented attitude
* Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
Will be considered as strong plus:
* Experience with Flex
* Experience with enterprise architectures – remote method invocations, extensive XML usage, stateless designs, load balancing, SSL security, etc.
* Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Service-Application-Presentation)
*Posting Title:* Software Engineer
*Advertised Location (Select only ONE location):* Sofia, Bulgaria
*Is this a remote or multiple location position?:* No
*Requisition Number:* 51294BR
*Advertised Group (Place a checkmark to select multiple groups):* Engineering
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
VMware - Sofia, Bulgaria
PSO Consultant Project Manager
VMware - Sofia, Bulgaria
PSO Consultant Developer
VMware - Sofia, Bulgaria
Locate this job: