Technical Account Manager Job Listing at VMware in Moscow (Job ID ScrapingHub16628-64109)
# About Us
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
# Why work for our Division
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
# Why work with our Group
Project/Engagement Manager Services are responsible for managing and guiding customer billable projects to success by delivering engagements on time, on budget per the contracted agreements. Our customers are typically large enterprise accounts adopting VMware virtualization, cloud and end-user computing software across their IT environments. Project/Engagement Manager Services partner with our clients and develop a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders including customer executives, CIO, CTO, Line of Business leaders and IT Directors to ensure that the customer projects deliver the key business drivers of their projects. Additionally, Engagement/Project managers are responsible for conducting lessons learned and building delivery best practices.
# Job Description
As a VMware Consultant, you help our strategic clients to achieve their business goals with virtualized IT Systems Infrastructure technology and accompany them on their journey to the cloud. You execute our Virtual Infrastructure Methodology and help in developing more intellectual capital. Based on your previous experience in cloud infrastructure and server operating systems (Windows and Linux), networking and storage systems (SAN), you are a competent advisor to datacenter/service management infrastructure managers and IT Directors. Ideally you will have some background with Cloud Management and Monitoring.
* Assess client's desktop/server/network/storage infrastructure and IT management processes
* Plan large virtualized systems infrastructure roll-outs and migrations with a particular focus on vCenter Orchestrator
* Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing and virtualization and their application
* Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers
* Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware vSphere-based product stack and Cloud concepts
* Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings and enhancements to our methodology, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
* Ability to travel up to 80 percent of the time, including international
* Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting firm or a software vendor
* At least several years experience in designing, implementing and managing Data Center Automation, Private & Public Cloud Solutions
* Ideally you have experience with Orchestrator (vCO) and/or vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)
* Understanding of application virtualization technologies and challenges
* Experience with workflow systems and automation solutions and portals
* Experience with vSphere, Linux, Windows Server
* Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
* Some experience in OO Software Development, scripting
* B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* Fluent in English
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
*Posting Title:* Technical Account Manager
*Advertised Location (Select only ONE location):* Moscow, Russian Federation
*Requisition Number:* 51189BR
*Level of Job (LinkedIn):* Mid-Senior Level
*Advertised Group (Place a checkmark to select multiple groups):* Engineering
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Dedicated Support Engineer Mediaroom
Ericsson - Moscow, Russia
Fixed Assets and Inventory Accountant
Baker Hughes - Moscow, Russia
WORK SHOP PROCESS COORDINATOR
Baker Hughes - Novy Urengoy, Russia
Locate this job: