Search for More JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Accountemps Clearwater, FL
Bright House Networks Riverview, FL
Regions Financial North Port, FL
Locate this job
Location: Tampa, FL
Application Deadline: None
Type: Not specified
Career Level: Associate
Salary Range: Not specified
Number of Jobs: 1
Relocation Available: No
Actuarial Associate-1406948About WellCare: WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services targeted to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare. Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare offers a variety of health plans for families, children, and the aged, blind and disabled, as well as prescription drug plans. The company serves approximately 3.3 million members nationwide as of January 1, 2014. The company employs more than 5,100 nationwide. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. A Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: WCG).
EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin. Description
Position is responsible for providing timely, accurate, and actionable data and analysis supporting the department, area, and corporate key initiatives.
- Prepare monthly calculation of the Corporation’s IBNR reserves.
- Submit annual Medicare ACR calculation, including all supporting analysis.
- Develop actionable recommendations to management relative to all analysis.
- Calculate profitability reports on appropriate business segments.
- Perform monthly analysis identifying opportunities to reduce cost and utilization.
- Participate in cross functional teams to address key issues facing the organization.
- Evaluate government reimbursement process to determine areas of risk and opportunity.
- Participate in regional initiatives to improve operating results.
- Initiate key analysis to improve overall MLR results.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or a Graduate degree or significant industry experience
- minimum of one exam passed under the Society of Actuaries Exam Syllabus.
Primary Location FL-Tampa
Is a relocation package available? No
Apply on company website