Prepared Foods Pizza Cook (50047) Job Listing at Whole Foods Market in Glastonbury, CT (Job ID 50047)
Food & Beverage
Your role as a Pizza Cook is a part of the Prepared Foods team, primarily concerned with creating high-quality pizza for the Prepared Foods pizza bar that is consistent with Whole Foods Market's quality goals. You will maintain a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Prepares raw materials according to company specifications and recipes and maintains consistency in food quality standards.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in the preparation and hot case areas.
- Learns and uses all kitchen equipment.
- Maintains full levels in the pizza case by checking codes, rotating product, and removing out-of-date product.
- Labels, dates, covers, and rotates all products in the kitchen walk-in cooler.
- Learns and uses all kitchen equipment. Uses preventative and safety measures at all times.
- Complete spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Support national, regional, and store programs.
- Responds promptly to customer needs and questions and requests assistance when necessary, including answering the store phone system.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment.
- Strong organizational skills; basic computer skills.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in Hartford, CT
View similar jobs:
Whole Foods Market - West Hartford, CT
CT Assistant Store Manager
Family Dollar - Hartford, CT
Grocery Service Team Member (39245)
Whole Foods Market - Glastonbury, CT
Locate this job: