Apply on Company Website
Software Development, Technology
Responsibilities Reporting to the Vice President of WW Services Sales Global Accounts, the Global Account Director for ABB will have responsibility for setting the vision for establishing a long term strategic business relationship with ABB. The ultimate goal is for Wind River to be the premier provider of solutions and services in our target markets to the account. This implies that we have a strategic impact on their critical business initiatives and objectives, and they do the same for us. With responsibility for up to $4M in annual revenue, she/he will be responsible for the strategy, functions, initiatives and activities that support and direct the selling of Wind River solutions and services into ABB globally. Working with a global sales team, Wind River marketing, finance and services organizations, the Director will be responsible for building processes to ensure customer satisfaction. In addition s/he will be responsible for:
Qualifications The ideal candidate will be a seasoned, aggressive and energetic sales leader with a minimum of 15+ years experience in successful sales and global account management. The Global Account Director for ABB will have been responsible for effectively managing relationships that generated significant revenue growth over extended periods of time. Additional experience will include:
- Leading and mentoring a team of sales professionals to sell business value, serve the needs of ABB as a major global account and create a joint revenue partnership with ABB.
- Direct involvement in cultivating relationships between Wind River and ABB at all levels.
- Leading the creation and execution of a plan that grows our business at rates exceeding that of the market, and of Wind River overall, with the account.
- Maintaining a strong presence within ABB and becoming a trusted advisor and partner to divisional GMs, VPs, and CXOs.
- Developing and driving the global account strategy and leveraging the skills of a team comprised of account managers, pre-sales engineers, professional services sales managers, and post-sales technical support.
- Understanding ABB’s business, including the technology problems that ABB is working to solve, and the needs of the ABB’s customers.
- Engaging in PL level conversations with ABB leaders, scheduling meetings with senior executives and guiding those meetings through complex business and technology discussions.
- Communicating effectively with senior executives and handling business reviews both internally and externally.
- Developing a long-term sales and account management strategy as well as devising and implementing the tactics needed to realize that strategy
- Sales management experience is a must
- Sales, sales management and global account management experience combined should be 15+ years with a track record of substantial success, business hyper growth and excellent customer relations at executive levels and downward
- Creative business thinking and leadership skills are imperative
- Significant experience as an individual contributor exceeding assigned quota
- Success selling business value with a solutions sales approach to technical and executive-level decision makers
- Major account planning and ability to negotiate large deals
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven ability to attract, hire, and develop an extraordinary sales force
- An excellent technical background; and, ideally, an understanding of the embedded software business
- Proven experience dealing with complex business and software development processes and issues
- The ability to take advice and counsel from peers
- An inherent sense of urgency
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Technical and/or business related degree—MBA preferred.